Cloudmark is a trusted leader in intelligent threat protection against known and future attacks, safeguarding 12 percent of the world’s inboxes from wide-scale and targeted email threats. With more than a decade of experience protecting the world’s largest messaging environments, only Cloudmark combines global threat intelligence from a billion subscribers with local behavioral context tracking to deliver instant and predictive defense against data theft and security breaches that result in financial loss and damage to brand and reputation. Cloudmark protects more than 120 tier-one service providers and tens of thousands of enterprises, including, Verizon, Swisscom, Comcast, Cox and NTT.
Objective of Position
Cloudmark is seeking a Senior Technical Writer to craft a range of documentation; from highly technical SDK guides intended for application developers to clear and simple online help intended for enterprise users. This role requires interfacing with various technical teams in order to plan for and solicit feedback on a variety of documentation-related projects.
- Work with software engineers, test engineers, product management, and field technical sales to gather information about new and updated products, and publish documentation on time for each release.
- Write, format, and maintain technical documentation whose target audience for documentation is Cloudmark's customers, including messaging system administrators, operations personnel, application developers, and consumers.
- Maintain documentation process and flows in a continuous integration system
- Design, develop and maintain the documentation framework (DITA-based):
- Adapt and contribute to Cloudmark’s DITA OT environment
- Develop and design custom Cloudmark specifications plugins for DITA OT
- Ensure the technology intelligence on new DITA specifications (DITA 1.3)
- At least three years of technical writing or similar experience
- Experience writing for audiences at varying levels of technical proficiency
- Experience writing for both print and online media
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with the following
- Experience with DITA OT and custom DITA OT developments
- Oxygen XML Editor
- Linux environment (Bash scripting, Python, etc.)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Experience documenting C, C++ and REST APIs
- Experience documenting GUI-driven products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel periodically to Cloudmark office in San Francisco, CA
- This position is based in Paris (France)
- Familiarity with various internet standards devised within the IETF organization (e.g. SMTP, LDAP, RADIUS, HTTP, SIP, DNS, etc.)
- User-level UNIX skills, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or Debian-based operating systems preferred
- Familiarity with fixed line or mobile messaging technology and concepts, relating to spam, phishing, and malware
- Master’s degree in Technical communication, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience preferred
- 5-7 years of experience writing software documentation for a technical audience
Cloudmark is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.