Cloudmark is a trusted leader in intelligent threat protection against known and future attacks, safeguarding 12 percent of the world’s inboxes from wide-scale and targeted email threats. With more than a decade of experience protecting the world’s largest messaging environments, only Cloudmark combines global threat intelligence from a billion subscribers with local behavioral context tracking to deliver instant and predictive defense against data theft and security breaches that result in financial loss and damage to brand and reputation. Cloudmark protects more than 120 tier-one service providers and tens of thousands of enterprises, including, Verizon, Swisscom, Comcast, Cox and NTT.
Objective of Position
The Operations team is seeking a DevOps Systems Administrator wishing to automate, monitor, and develop tools and configurations for use within the group. The person must enjoy a fast-paced environment, wear many hats, and be open to working with new technologies.
- Development of operational tooling for infrastructure and platform automation
- Management of platform architecture and deployment of internal applications using Puppet and internal tooling
- Support infrastructure using monitoring systems running Icinga, Cacti, Splunk, and ELK stack
- Collaborate with operations engineering, application engineering and business operations to define and implement new business solutions
- Ensure adherence to compliance bodies and industry best practices
- Provide on-call and scheduled after-hours support for production operations (once every few weeks, on rotation)
- Automating cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Familiarity with basic MySQL/Percona administration
- Linux / Unix command line competence (grep, sed, awk, etc.)
- Solid understanding of common networking protocols (tcp, ip, udp, dns, smtp, http, pop/smtp, rsync, ssh)
- Solid understanding of revision control systems (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Self-starting and can work in a team setting
- Able to express complex, technical ideas in a concise manner
Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree in related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years in an ISP, SaaS, or web service operations/engineering environment, contributing directly to systems design, deployment, and administration
- Proven software development experience with some combination of bash, perl, python, and/or ruby scripting
- On-call experience in a customer-facing 24x7 environment
- Experience documenting and implementing controls for SOC II, ISO 2700X, 800-53A, FISMA, FedRAMP, HIPAA or similar compliance frameworks a huge plus.
- Couchbase, Ceph, Docker & ELK administration a huge plus
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues on occasion with our customers.
Cloudmark is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.