Cloudmark is a trusted leader in intelligent threat protection against known and future attacks, safeguarding 12 percent of the world’s inboxes from wide-scale and targeted email threats. With more than a decade of experience protecting the world’s largest messaging environments, only Cloudmark combines global threat intelligence from a billion subscribers with local behavioral context tracking to deliver instant and predictive defense against data theft and security breaches that result in financial loss and damage to brand and reputation.
Cloudmark protects more than 120 tier-one service providers and tens of thousands of enterprises, including, Verizon, Swisscom, Comcast, Cox and NTT.
Objective of Position
As part of the Gateway Engineering Team the Senior Software Engineer will contribute to the development of the code base for the Gateway product, including new features, improvements/refactoring of internal frameworks/design, tools and maintenance.
The Gateway product is a high performance, high scalability, multi-protocol, message processing software solution written in C using advanced techniques (event programming, multi-threading, lock-less approaches)
- Design, architect and develop new features in the product with high quality implementations and performance constraints.
- Propose and implement improvements and optimizations to the code base to increase stability, performance, conformance.
- Participate in the review and discussion of code produced by the team.
- Propose solutions to solve complex and exciting problems.
- Participate in defining and implementing the technical roadmap.
- Contribute to the maintenance of released versions of the product.
- Contribute to the internals tool used along the product internally.
- Expert C developer, especially with low-level/system development.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux systems: inner workings of the operating system and its programming APIs (POSIX, multi-threading, networking...).
- Strong knowledge of high performance and high scalability oriented design & development.
- Strong ability to work with complex systems and get a clear overview of all the interactions between the various components.
- Strong software architecture experience (designing clear, extensive framework, algorithms, and APIs that fit well within the overall logic).
- Good knowledge of networking and distributed systems.
- Good knowledge of Git, the GNU toolchain, cmake, CI tools and other common development UNIX tools.
- Good knowledge of Python.
- Knowledge of UI and web development appreciated.
- Great focus on work quality. High expectations for your work and proud of what you achieve.
- Passionate and curious about technology in general. Always looking for ways to improve quality of the software.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written (documentation), and good team player.
- Autonomous with good management of time.
- This position is based in Paris (France)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English
- 5-10 years of work experience as a software engineer
Cloudmark is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.