Cloudmark stops spam for over a billion people. We protect the messaging infrastructure of more than 120 tier-one service providers worldwide, including AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, Cox, Swisscom, and NTT. We are expanding our product line to prevent other malicious online activities and to make messaging safe.
Objective of position
We seek an engineer who is passionate about software quality to join our Test team.
- Test our software to reveal bugs before we release it to customers or production systems
- Investigate new code to discover flaws and risks
- Isolate root causes of bugs and problem software behavior
- Build multi-system test environments and automated test suites
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, operations engineers, and fellow testers to create and execute an effective testing strategy
- Learn how Cloudmark's technology works, and evolve your skills with it.
- Solid Linux admin skills (not necessarily a professional sysadmin, but at least a talented amateur)
- An understanding of how computers work and how software breaks (what causes crashes, how to find memory leaks, etc.)
- A conceptual grasp of application-level Internet protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knows how to find bugs and loves to see them get fixed
- Is intellectually curious and capable of working with a minimum of supervision while collaborating with colleagues in multiple departments
- Has a background with C and can use Linux environment debugging tools (strace, gdb)
- Knows how to analyze network traffic on Linux (netstat, tcpdump, Wireshark)
- Is capable of writing automated tests in Python
- Can write Bash shell scripts and use tools like sed, grep, and awk
- Can work with VMWare, and wants to learn Docker
- Is capable of testing REST APIs
- Can administer email on Linux (sendmail, postfix, or exim).
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of professional experience as a software test engineer, system programmer, software developer, system administrator, developer support engineer, or sales engineer, working in a Linux environment.
This position is based in our headquarters in San Francisco's SOMA district, ideally situated for Muni Metro and Caltrain. We provide in-office bicycle parking, and subsidize auto parking.
Cloudmark is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.