Cloudmark stops spam for over a billion people. We protect the messaging infrastructure of more than 120 tier-one service providers worldwide, including AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, Cox, Swisscom, and NTT. We are expanding our product line to prevent other malicious online activities and to make messaging safe.
Objective of Position
The Operations team is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to enhance the reliability, scalability, security, and ease of managing the Cloudmark platform. The person must enjoy building tools, solving operational problem programmatically, wearing many hats and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for automation, simplicity, consistency, security, availability, and scalability of networked systems.
- Experience in a customer facing 24x7 environment, contributing directly to systems architecture and management.
- Capable of collaborating working directly with other engineers to aid in building a world-class platform.
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- MySQL/Percona administration.
- Proven software development experience with Python, Perl, Golang, or Ruby.
- Experience with configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt)
- Familiar with common data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Solid understanding of common networking protocols (TCP, IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, POP/SMTP, RSYNC, SSH)
- Working knowledge of revision control systems (git, SVN, etc.)
- Team player and continuous learner.
- Automating cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.).
- Oracle, Postgres, and Couchbase administration.
- Experience building continuous delivery pipelines.
- Strong networking competency.
- Docker expertise.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree in related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Autonomous, self-starter who can work in a team setting
- Able to express complex, technical ideas in a concise manner to technical and non-technical individuals.
Cloudmark is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.