Cloudmark stops spam for over a billion people. We protect the messaging infrastructure of more than 120 tier-one service providers worldwide, including AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, Cox, Swisscom, and NTT. We are expanding our product line to prevent other malicious online activities and to make messaging safe.
Objective of Position
Reporting to the SVP of Technical Services, the Senior Solutions Architect will work closely with Field Sales and Cloudmark’s ANZ resellers and distributors to identify opportunities and develop account strategies.
You will act as the primary technical contact for new and existing customers and partners. You will perform demonstrations, trials, and technical presentations of Cloudmark’s security products, as well as guidance and support to partner deployment of Cloudmark solutions within end customer environments.
The role is located in Australia, is home office based.
- Pitch, position and demonstrate Cloudmark’s solutions to new and existing customers.
- Work closely with Cloudmark’s ANZ partners and resellers to ensure smooth delivery and ongoing support to end customers; Technical Account Management.
- Liaise with other Cloudmark departments (Products, Engineering, Support) around field priorities and ongoing product roadmap priorities; act as the internal customer advocate.
- Respond to RFx or other technical questionnaires from prospects.
- Perform analysis on prospect provided data and produce professional reports.
- Assist and deploy trials and prototypes.
- Provide input on architecture and design options, operational concepts, and application acceptance test plan.
- Perform network analysis and decoding of TCP/IP and data stacks in troubleshooting scenarios (use of Wireshark).
- Perform big data analysis through operational intelligence tools and scripting tools (ELK / Splunk, Bash, Perl)
- Manage integration projects and rollout of solutions to production.
- Produce deployment solution documentation, building test harnesses and test plans.
- Develop and deliver training courses on Cloudmark products to customers and partners – comprising both Technical training and Presales solution training.
- Deep knowledge of SMTP protocol
- Strong knowledge of Email infrastructures, with a focus on MTA platforms, including O365 and Exchange.
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of network infrastructure: security, routing, network management, performance management.
- Knowledge of Email security issues.
- Systems integration expertise with TCP/IP skills in data networking and internetworking.
- Familiar with development processes and lifecycles.
- Experience in implementing/managing Internet core services and enterprise network architectures preferred
- Previous experience with systems integrators, consultancy firms, and/or professional services environments preferred
- Experience working with remote multicultural multi skilled internal teams and customers preferred
- Can travel at short notice to partner / customer sites, primarily within the ANZ region, with occasional Overseas trips to the USA for training purposes.
Education and Experience
- Native / Business level English communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Science, Math or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in a customer-facing pre-sales or professional services role at a security solution provider or internet / hosting service provider.
Cloudmark is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor.